With a move comes the need to make a trip to the DMV to get one's license transferred. Today, I took the C train to downtown Brooklyn to the DMV, armed with all the documents required to get a Real ID: passport, social security card (that I got in Berkeley), a utilities bill and a bank statement with my address on them. It was an easy ride on the subway, no need to transfer, and a short walk to a little mall that had the DMV on the second floor. (I noticed a Burlington Coat Factory store where I can go to get a winter coat when it comes time). I had made an online appointment. A greeter gave me the form I needed to fill out and a number. A robot voice announced which window each number was called to. I was called fairly quickly to get my signature and photo done, then told to wait for my number to be called again. The overhead announcements were continuous and you had to pay attention to the display monitor. It took about fifty minutes to be called again, during which time I experienced chest pains of the kind that had me go to the ER the first time it happened. Now I know that if I drink water they will go away because it's some kind of esophageal spasms probably due to acid reflux. But there was no water to drink so I just sat there trying tot endure the pain while I sweated. Finally the pain subsided and my number was called. The actual process went smoothly and now I have a temporary license and my new card will come in the mail in about two weeks. Back to the C for the short ride to Rockaway station, about four blocks from my place. I stopped for a juice at Beets, a little juice bar near the station: beets, celery, kale, apple, carrot, cucumber. Super healthy and delicious, a better choice for lunch. I'm continuing to be encouraged by my slow and steady weight loss; I've lost 4-5 lbs. If I can keep this up, I hope I can get rid of the meno-potbelly. Today I feel competent because I overcame DMV anxiety.
Tuesday, August 02, 2022
DMV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment