I knew when I moved here from temperate Berkeley that I was in for some torrid summers and cold winters. My experience in Minnesota means I'm not unfamiliar with temperature extremes of both kinds. It's the case that I cannot put a window AC unit in my apartment because of window bars so I've been using a fan. Today it is in the mid-nineties so I will not leave the house. It's a little frustrating to be stuck indoors but I do not do well with heat and the times I've gone out for errands and excursions I have been reminded of that fact. I'm just treating 90+ temps as a reason to stay indoors and catch up on my Criterion watchlist. Yesterday I watched Myrna Loy movies and Charade. Today I will watch Arabesque. I"m halfway through season 1 of Sandman.
Today's event was the arrival of my Task Rabbit guy to hang my art. He is a very small cute guy from Ukraine who is very careful in his measurements and positioning of each piece. I called him back after he hung my drapes and attached the vanity mirror to the dresser. I didn't have him hang the pieces for the living room because I don't have the furniture situation in hand yet, but all the other pieces are up in the rest of the apartment. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment