Sunday, March 29, 2026
Reversing fatty liver
I have been very successful in changing my diet over the last six weeks, even if the weight loss has been slow. I think I've lost about ten pounds but I seem to have stalled out. But according to My Fitness Pal I'm coming in at or under my daily calorie limits so I just need to keep at it. More important are the changes I've made. No alcohol. I don't really miss it. No bread, croissants or bagels. I don't buy those for home consumption but it means changing my cafe orders. No added sugar (no ice cream); not really a change as I don't have sugary drinks or juice or candy except for my Halloween mini snickers binge. No white carbs---no white rice or pasta. I was eating a lot of pasta so I need to stop that. The rice I have in the cupboard is brown but I haven't had any since I started the diet. No fast sugar fruits like mango or pineapple, watermelon or grapes. I will miss the mango but I can have citrus, apples and avocado. No fried foods so no more Korean fried chicken or french fries, no cheeseburger with bacon so no more trips to my favorite sports bar. Portion control is also key. I should phase out the Cheerios--I got some Irish steel cut oatmeal and ground flax seed for breakfast. I've added more eggs, sardines, nonfat yogurt and low fat cottage cheese with berries (raspberries and blackberries). I'm still eating beans but I'm trying to keep the portion size down. I've stepped up the cruciferous veggies and baby carrots with hummus. I was eating a lot of nuts but they are highly caloric so just a handful as a snack can push me over my daily calorie limit. I had finished all the nuts and dried fruits I got from Sahedi so no more snacky snacks. I'm going to stop eating the bagged salads because the dressings have bad oils in them.
According to the liver news, I can reverse fatty liver in some months to a couple of years if I stick to these dietary changes.
I'm hoping to get a confirmation of the April 1 diabetes management session. I should call or text them since they sent me an email saying they'd pass on my request.
I'm going to see my primary care physician tomorrow so I'll ask her about blood work to check my sugar levels and also talk to her about the medications I'm taking. I have an appointment with a liver specialist at the end of April. I wonder if either of them will prescribe Metformin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment