Wednesday, April 01, 2026

Diabetes prevention program

I saw my primary care physician and brought her up to date on the results of my blood work.She had some more done so we could get information about my cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Not good. Of the two liver enzymes, one has returned to the normal range, yay! There's a score that indicates what the average blood sugar has been over three months. Mine is in the pre-diabetic range, 5.9. Today's session at the Manhattan location of my clinic was an introduction. The course starts next week and goes on for a year. It meets once a week for six months and twice a month for the next six months. It's a real commitment to making changes and has shown results. And it's free! It will involve food and eating habits, exercise, sleep and stress, access to resources and making a cohort community. I need to treat it like my job. The challenge is going to be the exercise. I need to start doing home exercise with youtube videos.

No comments: