Saturday, April 11, 2026

exercise block

This morning I set my alarm for 8 am and planned to get up and walk 20 minutes before having my coffee and breakfast. I ended up staying in bed until 9:30 and then took a ten-minute walk to the Covert Cafe and had black coffee. On the way back I stopped at the big grocery store that I never go to and checked for cans of calamares, which they had. Everything else is about a dollar more expensive than my little grocery store--tomatoes, raspberries, broccoli, Rao's tomato sauce. I got a huge pack of TP and carried it home. So I didn't walk for 20 minutes but I did walk for 10 each way. I'm going to keep on tryng to get up and get dressed and walk on the days when i don't have another activity planned. Now I need to do some at-home strength training with YouTube videos. Some squats and knees up. The session on Tuesday will be about exercise. The point of walking before breakfast is that I watched a video saying that the liver is primed to release visceral fat after sleep and before food sends the blood sugar up, so a 20 minute walk will be optimum for burning visceral fat. Today I did 20 minutes but not consecutive so I don't know if it will have worked. But I did get up and get out the door, so there's that. Tomorrow maybe I'll walk to Cup of Brooklyn which is 20 minutes away.

No comments: