Tuesday, April 07, 2026
Showing Up
I went to the first day of my diabetes prevention program today. I got there ten minutes early and made myself a cup of coffee. Each week we will be weighed and as expected my weight was 4 lbs more than it was at home this morning. Some of that is clothes and shoes and some of it is just fuck you weight. We each got a binder with two sets of handouts: ones that will stay in the binder and ones that will come home. There are logs for food and exercise and a goal-setting sheet. My weight loss goal is to lose 7% of my body weight or 13 lbs in the next six months. That should be doable. The walk to and from the subway is significant enough to be logged as my cardiovascular exercise of the day. My left ankle is twinging.Could be the osteopenia flaring up.
I've been very faithful with my My Fitness App. I use it eevery day and log all of my food and drink. Next on my list of steps to implement is to drink water. I've been watching YouTube videos about liver cleansing and one recommendation is to have lemon water when you wake up and to delay breakfast until after you've gotten some exercise and sunshine. I need to set an alarm and get out of bed by 8AM. No more lying around until noon! i've been saving exercise videos on YouTube so tomorrow I will get out of bed and drink water and do the one that has three exercises for seniors: sit-to-stand squats getting out of a chair, wall push-ups, marching in place with arm swings. Those feel approachable. I have a stretchy band that has been hanging on my bathroom doorknob for months now. That will be my next exercise goal: to add some upper body workouts with the band.
The room was full for our session. Everyone there said they wanted to beat their diagnosis of type-2 diabetes. A few people were returning or had been working with our coach Andrea one-on-one. There is this one guy Carlos who talked compulsively. I hope he drops out. Andrea dealt with him well, affirming the positive things he was saying.
If I leave the house at 9 I can get the J before they shut down for their midday track replacement work at 9:15. It's not a long ride. The walk from Delancy-Essex takes me by some blooming forsythia and dafffodils.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment