Monday, April 13, 2026

Day 3

Day 3 of new morning routine: up at 8:30, lemon water, walk to cafe, black coffee, walk back home. Breakfast at 10 within intermittent fasting window--cottage cheese, blackberries, ground flax seed. It's not a long walk but it's a start of a good habit. I'm choosing to do what I can instead of beating myself up that I don't want to walk the 20 minutes to a different cafe. 

I went to see Rosemary and Arun's new apartment. My back hurt on the walk to the L but it was better on the way home. More walking! Their place is small but cute and the best thing about it is that they are happy with it! It's right around the block from a stop on the M line which is quick to get to from the L. Transfer at Myrtle-Wycoff. We made tentative plans to go to Arun's work on Friday night. He's working Friday and Saturday nights at a speakeasy called The Binc near the High Street station on the A/C line. We went for dinner at an Italian place around the corner called Il Gigante. Good pasta with lamb ragu--i went off my diet but didn't get any alcohol. I went over my calorie allowance but not by too much. Offset by the walking I did. I only had brussel sprouts for lunch but ate nuts so added some calories there. Walnuts are good for you but also very fattening! Tomorrow I need to eat the spinach and green beans and some of the black beans. For the morning walk I will count the walk from the J to the clinic. Leave at 9 bring a magazine. I will have coffee there. I will eat brunch when I come home.

No comments: