Sunday, April 12, 2026
Changes I have made
I stopped drinking alcohol. I was having a tall beer for dinner about 4 days a week. No alcohol for the last six weeks.
I stopped eating most white foods like white rice, bread and pasta. No more almond crossaints at the cafe. No more sushi. No more huge bowls of pasta with Rao sauce for dinner.I also stopped eating cheerios.
I never drank sugary drinks and I don't have smoothies so no change there, just reinforcement of a good habit.
I don't eat anything with high fructose corn syrup.
I stopped eating bagged salads because of the bad oils in the dressings.
I started buying bags of green beans and brussels sprouts and cooking them right away so they don't spoil. Also spinach.
Now going to drink lemon water every morning.
On day two of walking when I wake up. Hope to increase the time soon.
Continuing to eat beans on a regular basis.
Eating avocados for the good fats. Only cooking with olive oil when oil is needed, like roasting brussels sprouts.
Eating sardines and herring every other day.
Cottage cheese and berries, not cheaping out at the price of berries. Blackberries and raspberries, with the occasional strawberry box.
Steel-cut oatmeal.
Non-fat Greek yogurt with berries.
Spoonfuls of ground flax seed on my yogurt or cottage cheese.
Responding to the urge to snack by making tea instead of eating something. Green tea mostly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment