Today was Diabetes Prevention Program. My weekly routine is to leave the house early so I can get the J before it starts skipping my station for track work. Then the hike to the clinic--it's a lot of steps! I can have coffee there so I don't make it at home. Today's session was a review for me of sensible eating advice. Eat whole foods, the healthy plate method, skip the sugary drinks. Nothing new but it's a good reinforcement of what I've been putting into practice. My treat of the day is to have a salad with squash, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, pumpkin seeds with a chicken breast on rice at the Delancy Essex Market. Since I skipped breakfast, so I'd get my fasting walk in before class, I had calories to spend. I didn't quite finish the rice but everything else was delicious and healthy. Next time I'll try a different salad.
Tomorrow I will leave the house at 8:20 to get to the liver clinic by 9:45 for a visit with a specialist. I hope I will not have to have a biopsy. I hope the MRI was clear enough to show what level of damage there was. I hope that my adherence to a liver damage reversal program will be enough. I wonder if she'll have a blood draw to check my liver markers. I wonder if she'll have an opinion on my medications.
I'll have dinner with Rosemary before she leaves town for 6 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment