Tuesday, April 21, 2026

Lots of steps!

 Today is Tuesday so its the Diabetes Prevention Program --DPP--meeting at the Henry St. clinic in Manhattan at 10AM. This meant that instead of a neighborhood walk when I got up I walked to the J and then from the J at Delancy/Essex St to the clinic. After class I walked back and had lunch at the food mall there and then back to the clinic for an appointment with a psychiatrist to talk about my meds. We agreed that I'll keep my olanzapine dose the same and see how I do with my weight loss and activity program and meet again in 2 months. We talked about whether it made sense to add Metformin and I opted to wait. Then I walked back to the subway. So I made 4 short trips and ended up walking over 8000 steps. Now that I have my Health app on my phone set up to count steps and distance I can add that information to my weekly reports to Andrea in DPP. Tomorrow I'll go to Quest at 10:30 but I need to work around the J repair schedule so I'll leave here at 9 and get to the Joe cafe for coffee and to buy a sandwich for lunch. I should finish reading Hamlet. I don't know what they'll be talking about since I missed the last class but I have a ticket to see a performance at the BAM this coming Sunday with the National Theater company from London.

Tomorrow I will not do my morning walk but instead walk from the subway to Quest and back. It's probably going to rain. 

No comments: