I had an appointment with a psychiatrist to talk about whether or not I should change my psych meds given my elevated liver numbers and pre-diabetes. The upshot of our conversation was that the meds are working for what they are prescribed for and I am doing what I can to reverse those negative numbers so I'd like to continue as is and check in with him in a few months and with my primary care physician as well when I see her in July. My symptoms before I took this med were so severe that I really an afraid of a relapse. He said that Metformin could help with the blood sugar. I didn't tell him that I'd already had a course of Metformin when I started and it didn't seem to help. So now I get to see if my diet and exercise changes are enough to reverse the negative numbers of my liver markers and glucose. My last blood work did show improvement. My glucose was 90 and my AST was in the normal range. My ALT was still high though and my A1C was 5.9 (the threshold is 5.7) not too far off the limit. I will see the liver specialist in a week. I sure hope she doesn't want to do a biopsy.
Thursday, April 23, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment