The semester isn't over until I have turned in my grades, but as I was walking around yesterday, I saw folks dressed in their graduation robes. Good luck to all of them! I never walked through any of my university graduations, too bad (although I did participate in other rituals. But I have sat on the stage for various graduation ceremonies in my hot robes, and I always do two things: look at the students' shoes, and get teary-eyed and sentimental.
Here's my favorite graduation scence from the movies: The Marx Brothers in Horsefeathers. Groucho sings "I'm against it"
Also from Horsefeathers,"What's the password?"
Getting off the boat in "Night at the Opera"
"You've got to sing one of Maurice Chevalier's songs to get off this boat"
The Marx Brothers play an crucial role in Hannah and her Sisters with "Hail Fredonia"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment