Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Parrot awesomeness

My friend Sarah, who has moved too far away, sent me this video of a parrot named Smokey, an African Grey, that says "Yes we can!". My cat just says meow.
Of course, this meant I had to spend some time listening to parrots singing and talking on YouTube!

Mozart's Queen of the Night aria as sung by Menino (R.I.P)

Rocky is a beatboxing parrot

Caesar says lots of things, but my favorite is "WHAT-ever!"

This parrot is dancing to the theme from Star Trek Voyager (for Fresca!)

3 comments:

Fresca said...

Honest to G, I am all weepy about this parrot and Star Trek.
I am having a dreaful week--it's like I was sailing along and sailed right into a thick patch of entangling seaweed that caught in the rudder (I don't sail--does that metaphor even work? anyway, you know what I mean)--and then today I read this + Krista posted a ST photo on Flickr for me (I put it on my blog), and it's truly heartening.
I'll be fine, I just have to be patient and dive down and untangle the weeds.

Hmmm...sort of like Hepburn and Bogart in "The African Queen"--surely you've seen that classic? Sometimes there's nothing for it--you just have to get out of the boat and PUSH.

momo said...

I"m sorry things are hard for you now! Sometimes I just have to remember Julian of Norwich's vision: "...all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of things will be well."

(and should I mention that what I most remember about "The African Queen" the leeches, or would that turn your wonderful boat analogy into a bummer?)

Fresca said...

Thanks.
It's OK about the leeches--they're just one of the risks of getting out of the boat.
That, or getting eaten by a tiger.
Remember that from "Apocalypse Now"? The soldier Chef and the assassin get off the boat to go pick mangos and are almost attacked by a tiger. Chef then delivers one of the best lines of the movie:
"Never get off the boat!"

I'm feeling better, but I swear this parrot was the highlight of my week--but then, that would be true of even a very good week. What could compete with a dancing parrot?