
A follow-up on the story of the Lizard People ballot in the Senate recount: I was driving to work and heard on MPR that the man who had written in "Lizard People" on his ballot has come forward, in part because he was fascinated by all the fuss.
Davenport, a contractor who lives in Bemidji, Minn., says that's why he finally decided to come clean.
"I mean, it was on 'Hardball,' and there was serious discussion about it, it's ridiculous. If Lizard People, in plural, is written in on the ballot, I don't think it should be taken seriously, whatsover, and this animosity is just wonderful," said Davenport.
To prove he did it, Davenport provided Minnesota Public Radio with biographical information that matched public records. He also provided a handwriting sample. But there is ultimately no way to know for sure that the ballot really was his. But he says everyone who knows him personally could see it really was.
"The handwriting is mine, hands down. Even my dad saw it, and he's like that is your handwriting, there is no doubt about it. I think it would be pretty easy to, with my handwriting sample, to prove it was mine," said Davenport.
David Brauer picked up on the story on his blog, and MnIndy also picks up the story. Brauer used a picture of the Gorn captain (seen above) from Star Trek to illustrate his post: "The Gorn are a warp-capable bipedal species," we learn from the Star Trek Wiki.
1 comment:
I am vindicated.
Great minds think alike...
Post a Comment