Krista mentioned on Twitter that "Please Read the Letter" by rock legend Robert Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krause was her current earworm. I'd never heard the song, so I went looking. I had no idea that they had made a record (I still have to call it that, not CD) together last year, called Raising Sand. They talk about working together in this little video. The song "Gone, Gone, Gone" was a country hit. I love getting a glimpse of two musicians who come from different worlds but who connect through "roots music." The awesome producer T-Bone Burnett put together a collection of songs that shows off the way their voices meld together.
Here's a live version:
Here's the CD recording with lyrics. And here is the Plant/Page version. I'm going to have to get both, I can tell!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, my earworm did some good in the world! It's really a marvelous album.
I bought it as a little pick-me-up while stuck in OK last spring, listened to it once, and then forgot about it until last month. It's been in heavy rotation for the past few weeks. Can't get enough.
Post a Comment