Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The magical pot

Today, I brought lunch to work in my Zojirushi Mr. Bento lunch carrier extraordinaire. I had some leftover roasted Cornish game hen, from a local producer, steamed green beans (ditto) and a wonderful Honeycrisp apple.

Yes, I have Zojirushi my Rice Cooker, the simplest model available. So does Roger Ebert, film critic and blogger extraordinaire. I love love love his paean to the Pot, as he calls it, and his exhortation to us all to get on it: "The Pot and How to Use It" As a bonus, Ebert posts this wonderful short film made by students in which the Rice Cooker plays the crucial role of "magical agent" (a la Vladimir Propp's ideas in The Morphology of the Folk-Tale)

5 comments:

Leee said...

Narratology + rice cookers + Ebert = ♥

momo said...

Yes, full of win!
Why did Blogger change the icon into a bar? I've seen that elsewhere.

Leee said...

What icon/bar? I don't see anything that's untoward.

Unknown said...

You got the Mr. Bento! Did you get the silver one, or the slimline "lady" version?

momo said...

I got the regular Mr. Bento. I tried to find it at a couple of the Asian markets on Nicollet, but no luck. Then I got it at that Korean market you told me about on Snelling. They had one behind the counter, and the lady there acted as if I had joined the Mr. Bento club!