Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A hasty post--having too much fun!

We've been too busy having fun for me to blog properly about our time in SF so far, but it has been splendid!
Highlights: Saturday morning on Stockton St with all the Chinese grannies shopping for live fish and greens whose names we don't know; a thorough visit to all the Japantown stores where the child found exactly what she wanted in the anime/manga category, and I bought a copy of the movie Sakuran, directed by Mika Ninagawa; shopping, cooking and eathing with my mother who graciously hosted a gathering for a few friends in town for the MLA; walking with my nephew in North Beach and drooling over books at City Lights.

Today we will do our favorite walk down by the bay at Crissy Field, and then try to outfit the girl who has grown 2" in the last 18 months.

Here is a little view of the "specific ocean" and Seal Rock, so named because the sea lions used to sun themselves there, but now that they can hang out in the much more sheltered docks by Pier 31 to amuse the tourists, they don't go to the rock any more. .

5 comments:

Fresca said...

Oh dear....sorry you have to come home... At least you have a nice home and a terrific cat here!

momo said...

Well, my mother has been incredibly generous and has given us her bedroom, but she lives in a tiny apartment, so I'm sure she'll be ready for us to leave :)

entrenomadas said...

Te deseo lo mejor para este año que empieza. Lleno de cosas estupendas y de viajes a Zaragoza. Que tenemos un montón de cosas que ver.

Un beso con abrazo incluido para las dos,


Marta

Fresca said...

Ha! I see on Twitter that you were eating French toast on the first morning of 2009--while I, trying to sleep in, was cruelly treated by your cat:
After stomping about and crying didn't work, he went and stood on top of your clock radio until he managed to set off the alarm!!!
He's a genius cat---an evil genius... : )

Really, I like him a lot. Usually.

momo said...

I see he is treating you like family. It is usually at this point that I dump him on the porch and go back to bed.