Saturday, January 03, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jog.

We were both so sad to leave San Francisco and ten wonderful days! we revisited the Ferry building, with its wonderful markets, and also did the Saturday morning Stockton street crawl, visiting all the chinese markets where the locals shop. North Beach, Crissy Field, West Portal, Golden Gate Park, Fillmore street, Japantown: we walked all over and breathed in the foggy, fragrant air.

Now we are grateful to be back home, suitcases unpacked, in our pajamas, catching up with our lives. I'm sure my mother will be glad to have her place to herself again, to return to her painting. we'll miss being spoiled by her. My sister cooked us some magnificent meals; she made us one of her famous apple pies and a cheesecake the other night, and generously gave us the recipe for her incredible home-made graham crackers (with the secret ingredient!). I don't know if I'll be able to make them like hers, but I'm going to try.

We arrived to temps in the 20s, a fine sleety, snerty snowfall. The taxi-driver took the long way, but I didn't care because road conditions were iffy, and the freeway was probably safest. It appears that Al Franken will be announced as the winner of the Senate election on Monday (yay!).

We opened the door to find a very happy kitty! Fresca, you are the greatest!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home - I wish I had known (or realized) that you were here. Although I was sick for the last two weeks, I'd like to think I would have found a way to meet you.

Regards,

Tengrain

momo said...

Thank you, Tengrain! Because we were visiting family in SF, we will be back!

Anonymous said...

Bienvenidas!!!!..a disfrutar del invierno ahora!

Mr. B. said...

Weclome back, Momo.

My son lives in SF so I know how much there is to enjoy.

Did you see the Asian Museum?

We were in New Orleans for a week visiting my sister. But I still managed to do some mischief...

Best,

Bonzo

momo said...

Thanks! We've been to the SF Asian Art museum twice in the past. It's in the building that used to be the main public library, which I haunted when I was in high school. We were fortunate enough to see a huge show on Ukiyo-e prints, and another on the work of Tezuko, creator of Atom Boy and other influential manga. This time around we went to the Japanese bookstore Kinokuniya twice, so my daughter could satisfy her Japanofilia.