Pasta e Fagioli
1 1/3 cups dried cannellini or Great Northern beans, or 2 cans (16 oz) white beans
1/2 pound penne or ditalini
1.5T salt
1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
2t chopped fresh rosemary or 1 t dried (but it really only works with fresh)
1 very large or 2 medium onions halved and sliced paper thin
freshly milled pepper
If using dried beans, rehydrate and cook the way you normally do. I cook them with a sprig of fresh rosemary and a couple of cloves of garlic which I remove immediately when they're done.
Drain canned beans, rinse, drain again.
Cook the pasta in salted water. When pasta is half-cooked, add the drained beans to the water (or reheat the dried, cooked beans in their own cooking water)
While the pasta and beans are cooking together, in a skillet over medium heat warm the oil. Add the rosemary and onion and sauté until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and beans. Toss everything together. Sprinkle with lots of pepper, add salt if you wish, and serve with good parmesan or asiago on the side.
Since this recipe is from Lisa, a political scientist, I post it also with this handy link to watch the inauguration live on Tuesday!
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/5-best-ways-watch-obama-inauguration-online
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I will make this very soon. Soaking beans now but they are Canary beans. I watched the inauguration after all - didn't realize it would be so short. The best part was watching the helicopter lift off and take W away.
PS check my blog tonight, you will get an award.
http://profacero.wordpress.com/2009/01/20/feast-zero/
They do mean to put a lot of pepper. It is good with pepper and parmesan, but I am curious to add (from the beginning) prosciutto, or (at the end) leaf spinach, or (at the table) balsamic vinegar.
I will make it again. Then the eggplant thing I think.
Meanwhile I tagged you for a meme, 25 writers.
Post a Comment