This morning I walked about 20 minutes to a cafe called Milk and Pull, in a little zone that has some restaurants in it. It's not an inspiring walk but it's flat. I had a latte and a chocolatine. They have lunch food and are open until 5, so next time I go I'll try one of their sandwiches. It's pleasant to sit in and I was able to find a table and read the rest of Olive Kitteridge. The book was made into an HBO miniseries with Frances McDormand which I watched this afternoon. Martha Wainright plays a character who has her own story in the novel, a piano bar singer. Here she covers The Carpenters:
This afternoon, I cooked the gai lan with green onions and tomatoes. Every time I cook I am discovering how to use this kitchen space. There's counter space but it's far from the stove so I will have to get used to using bowls to prep with since my chopping area is not next to the stove. But I was able to adapt, and used by new universal pot lid with the large sauté pan. Now I have rice and veg to fry up tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will walk up Broadway to a market that bills itself as a produce market. I hope it turns out to be better than the ones I've seen so far. What would I do without Google Maps?
No comments:
Post a Comment