Today's excursion was a Sunday trip to the Met. I bought a membership with the idea that I can make multiple visits and bring a guest. I wanted to see the Fashion exhibitions, and a show about called Kimono Style. I was overwhelmed by the size and sheer volume of objects in the galleries one has to cross in order to arrive at a specific exhibit and started to have a sharp pain in my upper left-hand back quadrant. I found the cafe and got a grotesquely overpriced and very dry sandwich and OJ and the pain went away. I just need to remember that the subway trip to the museum requires an expenditure of energy and that I get very tired after a couple of hours, and keep my visits focused. I saw one half of the show, the Fashion Lexicon, but missed the Fashion Anthology displays in the American galleries. I'll go back!
Sunday, July 03, 2022
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment