Today's excursion was a short walk down to Fulton St. to the Macaron Bakery. I had hoped it would be a cute cafe I could sit in, but it's really a storefront. I got an assortment of six macarons in a cute little box and then went and had an iced latte and sat in the Daily Press cafe a block away--chill music, good vibe, a nice place to read the New Yorker. Now I'm back home in my cool and shady apartment where I have been slowly slowly putting things in their place. I should decide where to hang my art, next.
I'm in a lull between the first round of tasks and the next. I've set up banking with a credit union and got my health care situation in place; I have a new Medicare Advantage plan; I like my new primary care physician; I have a pap smear and mammogram scheduled; I'm caught up on my vaccines (covid and shingles). I've located decent groceries and a few places to eat out in my neighborhood. I've done laundry around the corner, recycled tons of cardboard boxes, bought furniture and unpacked just about everything. I have a library card and I'm registered to vote. I've found a good place to go to the movies in Manhattan and got started on the round of museums. My place is comfortable and feels more and more like home.
Next up comes some more challenging stuff. I want to find a therapist. I'd like to find an Al-Anon meeting nearby. I'd like to try finding some dance class of some kind: sevillanas would be fun! are there any meet-up groups for seniors? I'd like to set up a kind of excursion rotation so I don't wake up wondering what I'm going to do that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment