Tuesday, July 12, 2022

BTS Korean market

 I made my daily excursion a trip to a Korean market not far from here--4 stops on the C line--to get some takeout and see what they had. I don't know if the named it BTS because of BTS or as a little in-joke, but it's funny. They have mochi donuts, which I did not buy but I'll get a half dozen next time I go. It's smaller than I expected and more focused on flowers than groceries, but a really sweet little place. I got japchae, kimbap, fried chicken and they gave me some free soup! I asked for a shopping basket when I went in and the lady went to the back and got me a little woven basket. I found the ride over a little challenging. I got the Manhattan bound C train at Rockaway, and rode four stops and that was fine, but on the way back I entered the station and then had a long long walk to cross over to the other side. I probably needed to go in at a different entrance. I hate it when they divide up the entries like that. But after hiking a long way I did find the correct platform and made it back. It doesn't feel like a friendly ride---the stations are narrow and grotty and the trains are old on the C line. Not like the L. Next time I go there I could try walking. It's a longish walk but it might be worth it when it's fall and the weather is cooler. Today was pretty hot--I was dripping sweat by the time I got home. Now I'm going to finish that Chinese drama I started a few months ago, and then I'll cancel the streaming service it's on.

No comments: