Judy Arginteau has a great piece in MinnPost about the Frida Kahlo show at the Walker and the Georgia O'Keeffe show at the MIA. I've seen the O'Keeffe show twice now, and I went to the opening night party for the Frida show. I even got to see her art, in spite of the crush of people.
Here are some more fragments of film with Frida and Diego:
A clip from the 1983 film Frida: naturaleza viva, which I still haven't seen:
and one of many photo-homenajes, this one with music by Lila Downs:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Related: did you see they found a Tamayo in the garbage in NY ... it had gone missing in Houston 2 decades earlier?
http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2007/11/20/cuadro-de-tamayo-hallado-en-la-basura-encabeza-subasta-de-sothebys
It looks *gorgeous* in its photo.
Yeow! I'll have to go look at that link--thanks!
Dentro de la muestra México en Zaragoza se presenta mañana una hermosa obra de teatro sobre "Frida Kahlo", muy bella. ¿No te da tiempo de venir a verla?
Post a Comment