Thursday, November 22, 2007

Saludos zaragozanos

They don't have Thanksgiving in Spain, but we got a message from there just the same. Alas, the store was out of brussel sprouts! But it was full of happy people, humming and anticipating their wonderful meals. So I've made a side dish of chard, mushrooms, with raisins and pine nuts instead, along with my mother's fresh cranberry sauce. If my daughter doesn't stop sneaking tastes of the cranberries, there won't be enough to take to the potluck!

Here is the voice I remember when I'm in the kitchen, because my mother and I always watched Julia Child.

2 comments:

Innisfree said...

Siobhán Uí Chonaill.
¿Te gusta como suena tu nombre en la lengua de tus antepasados celtas?
Ya me han dicho que vas a conocer dentro de poco el país de los O'Connell. ¡Qué buena noticia! Ten cuidado, no te vayas a comprar un cottage como hizo Sean Thornton en 'The Quiet Man'. Y, si te lo compras, ya nos invitarás, ¿eh?
Espero que podamos hablar del viaje antes de que te vayas.
Slán go fóill (hasta pronto).
Kisses,
Chesús

momo said...

!Seguro que te invito a tomar una cerveza (una de Cork City, si se puede encontrar en Zaragoza) para que me cuentes todo, todo antes del viaje!