Sunday, November 04, 2007

Street market in Amsterdam

I have a lot of pictures from the last several months that I haven't labeled or organized. Here are a few from my summer trip to Amsterdam--the street market had a combination of food, clothes, and oddities. I had never seen cabbages this pointy before, and I was highly tempted to get that blue wig in the middle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those cabbages are quite marvelous.

Have you been to Galicia? Both the haystacks and the cheeses are pointed. And there are lots of each, so a round object with a point on top is always in view.

There is also a Brazilian cheese bread, big in Minas Gerais, which has the exact same pointed shape. Galicia is Portugal, and Portugal is Brazil, loosely speaking, so perhaps there is some connection.

Pointy pointy pointy. (A blog called me humorless today so I am showing off my silly side.)