Thursday, June 05, 2008

back in action

A THIRD weekend of thunderstorms, hail, worries about tornadoes and severe weather. I spent about an hour in the computer repair place because they had issued a SEVERE WEATHER WARNING, telling us to take shelter immediately, and to see if I could get my laptop back. Yes, it works now that the motherboard/logic board has been replaced, along with the cracked top of the case (do you think we used it too much?). The repair guy said there was nothing we did that broke it, but I need more memory.

I spent the day in an event called "Democracy Day" as a prelude to the National Media Reform Conference that starts tomorrow. It was a gathering of folks working on election reform, and I learned a lot. More about that later when I have time and energy: all the thunderstorms moving through really have an effect on my fibromyalgia symptoms. Instead of going to the big party tonight, I gave my tickets away and went home, and I'm glad I did. Sudden drops in barometric pressure have been anecdotally reported by people with fibro, and some studies confirm that this is the case.
Besides, SYTYCD was going to reveal the top 20!

No comments: