We are off on an excursion to the east coast to visit my brother and his family. They moved from the Annapolis area to the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay a few years ago.
I haven't had time yet to find and read books set in Annapolis or the Eastern Shore, but I am intrigued by Song Yet Sung by James McBride (author of a memoir I loved, The Color of Water). Harriet Tubman was born on the Eastern Shore, and much of her activity in the Underground Railroad took place in that area. Frederick Douglass was also born on the Eastern Shore, and this 7th grader's history project connects his writings with the place he was born.
We will go camping for a night at Cape Henlopen in Delaware,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't realized Harriet Tubman was also from there ... duh ... I've never been there and I am sort of afraid to go because I am a direct descendant of Colonel Lloyd. HAVE FUN ... and I will be interested in your impressions.
Post a Comment