Zaragoza is seven hours ahead of us here in the Midwest, so when we iChat, my daughter is usually about to go to bed.
I used to sing her to sleep every night, with songs I remembered my mother singing to me, and any song I could remember: old Joan Baez, tenor arias my old boyfriend used to sing in the shower, Raffi. For a while, at least, she thought I was the greatest singer ever!
Today in Cute Overload, Meg posted this hilarious video of a man singing his puppies to sleep. What makes it especially sweet to me is the song; in high school I dated a guy who was the lead singer in a Sha Na Na cover band (yes, a cover band of a nostalgia doo-wop cover band, but they were fun!)
Here is the puppy lullaby:
The original version was by The Spaniels! They were a doo-wop band in the fifties that got ripped off like so many other black musicians. One of the singers from Sha Na Na has been working to make sure that the old groups don't continue to get ripped off by groups passing themselves off as the originals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No way! He drugged those puppies!
OK, I hope not, but he must have filmed that a whole bunch of times before they all lay down so sweetly!
Too funny. People are so nice to their pets. (Sometimes.)
He's the puppy whisperer.
Today walking back from this pre Incaic ruin I came across present day Native Americans, dressed as such and carrying many corn stalks (no cobs on them, it had to have been for the leaves?), walking along while listening to Sha Na Na on their iPod.
Post a Comment