I made one of the poem "Wild Things" by Emily Dickenson. You can paste in the code to embed it in your blogpost, like this. Click on this small image, and it will take you to the Wordle Gallery:
Or, I can "print" it by saving it as a PDF, then use Grab to select the image in the pf and make a screen capture. This saves it as a TIFF file, but I can resave it as a JPEG then upload it as a picture, as you see below. Fineburg says that these images can be used for anything, fun, printing on T-shirts, making money, whatever.

OK, now I've realized that when I have created my little Worlde image, that I can click "print", then select PDF from the printer menu, and then choose to save the PDF to iPhoto and it will make a picture. No need to go through the screen grab method. (NB: the FAQ gives alternate instructions for PCs)
Wordle handles multiple languages as well. Here's another Worlde I made with César Vallejo's poem "Masa." This time, instead of generating the format by hitting the "randomize button" a bunch of times, I selected "edit,", then chose the font, colors and a few other features. Because I didn't save it to the gallery, it's not there. Why don't you try making one?
2 comments:
Oh, no! I can't wait to try this, but I am busy finally proofreading a ms. due TODAY (not possible, but at least by tomorrow a.m.). (Not possible because I couldn't tear myself away from iMovies.)
Small bit of pleasure in an otherwise dull, dull, dull text (about Nicaragua--amazing how people can make the most dramatic stuff boring)--the author mentions Eden Pastora, "nicknamed Commander Zero." THAT woke me up for a minute.
Back at it...
Good for you for sticking it out until the end. You'll feel such a sense of relief when it's done.
Post a Comment