Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Page 123 meme

Here's how this meme works:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next 5 sentences.
5. Tag 5 people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

I was tagged by Gugeo. The book sitting on the top of the pile is Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley, which I have never read and must read.

"He struggled violently. "Let me go,' he cried;'monster! ugly wretch! You wish to eat me, and tear me to pieces. You are an ogre--Let me go, or I will tell my papa.'
"Boy, you will never see your father again, you must come with me."


Anybody want to play?

3 comments:

Fresca said...

I love this sort of random word game--thanks for playing!

Professor Zero said...

Ay - I've been tagged for this before but it's work: reading and typing. Now, though, I have looked at the 3 nearest books and all their sentences are so long that there are only 4 per page; one was poems with no punctuation whatsoever and not good enough poetry for me to want to figure out what phrases might be sentences. Next try: South American Handbook - page 123 is a bulleted list, no sentences. Next try is CECLIA VALDES, there are exactly 5 sentences on page 123 and 4.5 sentences on page 124, so I'd have to type out more than a page ... I conclude that one needs English language books for this game!!!

momo said...

Well, now we know what books are at hand. How my students hated reading Cecilia Valdés, but I am a sucker for those 19th century novels with long sentences!