For my mom, since making this cake is a birthday tradition, and today is her birthday!!Colorado Cache cookbook's Chocolate Fudge Cake
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
3 squared of unsweetened chocolate
2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 cup butter
2 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 cup boiling water
Melt the chocolate and let it cool. Sift flour, baking soda, salt together. Beat butter until soft. Add brown sugar and eggs, and beat until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and add cooled chocolate. Stir in the dry ingredients, alternating with sour cream, and beat with a wooden spoon. Stir in boiling water.
Pour into greased and floured 9" pans.
Bake 25 minutes or until it tests done with a toothpick, and cool on a rack 10 minutes.
Frost with the most decadent chocolate frosting you can find.
8 comments:
Drooool!
Is that supposed to be 2 1/4 cups flour?
That pesky slash? : )
Yes, and thanks to your eagle eye for catching that; I fixed it.
Happy Birthday, Momo's Mom!
It's only 9:30am, and my mouth is watering for cake...mmm, that looks yummy!
It really is the best: the sour cream/hot water thing seems to make it moist but not pudding-textured. I have to find the frosting recipe that goes with it, too.
Pure decadence. I have to try this. Thanks for the recipe.
Tell me how you like it! I'm not much of a baker, unlike my mom, but for me, this has been a no-fail crowd=pleasing cake.
Frosting is this:
4 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 lb powdered sugar
1/2 c milk
2 t vanilla
melt chocolate & butter. Combine rest and stir till smooth. Add chocolate mixture. Beat with wooden spoon till thick enough to spread.
That's the recipe in the book, but it makes (I can't believe I'm saying this) - too much frosting.
Thank you for the recipe. I KNOW I don't have to say this, but there is no such thing as TOO MUCH FROSTING!!!
Post a Comment