Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fun, yes, but funky?

Will Wingfield fans are so bummed that he will not be in the final six on SYTYCD. I loved the fact that he auditioned to a spoken word piece, and his dancing was marvelous on many occasions, especially in the pas de deux with Katee. I think he will continue to have great success in the dance world. But for me, he was not "the best dancer on the show ever" or my favorite. He seems like a lovely person, he dances incredibly well, but his performances as a partner were not as strong as some others. He's fast, but doesn't dig into the floor, especially in his jive (where I liked Gev better) and the samba (where I thought Josh had more of the samba motion). I just didn't get the funky vibe from him that I get from Twitch, whose partner dancing I find lacking, but whose Hollywood Swinging solo was all kinds of awesome.

With Will I appreciated more of the upward and outward vibe of a cerebral dancer.
That's why the Jame Brown solo was a big headscratcher for me.
Leee! Really? the arms!


Do they remind you of this?


or this?

1 comment:

demondoll said...

Well, after seeing all of those- no comparison is there? Mr. Brown makes you almost lose your underthings;-) The other two are fun, but not at all in the same league...