Saturday, June 11, 2022

BTS Proof and flower festival

 BTS released a three-CD anthology with four new songs, and a bunch of their greatest hits including remixes and demos. The third CD is only available if you buy the hard copy so ARMY all over the world have had to invest in CD players. This time around I did not race to buy it because I'm still camping out at my daughter's and don't trust the mail delivery at my new place yet. I will get it later. 

ARMY was especially excited about the release of "Born Singer" which they had performed years ago, but which wasn't available for streaming until now. It's based on the song Born Sinner by J Cole. I like 'Run BTS' a lot. There's a fan-appreciation ballad "For Youth" that I will probably appreciate more if it's on a streaming playlist.

Today's excursion: a walk on the High Line from Gansevoort Street to the Little Spain market. The plantings are all lush and some stretches are covered by a canopy of leafy trees. First we had a bagel sandwich with sausage and egg and then I left at 9:30 with Rosemary who was on her way to a New Jersey pool party with her friend Noella, whom I met in Japan when we were there. I got off at the end of the L line and walked a few blocks over the the beginning of the High Line, then walked north to Hudson Yards where I was able to use a clean bathroom and an ATM before walking back to check out the L.E.A.F. flower festival. It was like an outdoor version of museums' Bouquet to Arts events, with florists creating flower plinths and pop-up photo op sites.



No comments: