Sunday, June 05, 2022

Bunna Cafe

 Every day, a new excursion.

Today's excursion was to walk from my new apartment to my daughter's place. It took about an hour. Next time I do it I'll take Bushwick instead of Broadway. Broadway has the elevated train over it and a lot of cheap businesses. Bushwick Ave might be less hectic.

Dinner was at the Bunna Cafe, a vegan Ethiopian restuarant. It's not far from Rosemary's place. There was a DJ. We got the feast for two: two scoops of nine different dishes: wonderful mushrooms, collard greens, lentils, chickpeas, kabocha squash, potatoes and carrots, green beans, all simmered and stewed.There was also a delicious kale salad.  I didn't miss the meat although I do love Ethiopian mean dishes. It was a terrific meal in a great atmosphere.

Bunna means coffee, but we didn't have any.I had a hibiscus drink with cognac, ginger juice and lemon. 

Today's accomplishments: got the internet set-up completed which involved chatting with an Optimum agent  to get me account number so I could create an ID so i could change my network name to Leo and make my own password. The gas is not on for the stove, even though I called them earlier in the week and they said it was. But because it was Sunday I'll have to call them tomorrow during business hours. I'll also have to make a call to get my change of address processed for my annuity account. Tomorrow we are going to go to a vintage furniture store around the corner to see what there might be for my place. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the prospect of shopping for furniture, but Rosemary is excited about it and I can take this one day at a time. My place is welcoming. The new bed feels comfortable. 

The actual packing and experience with the movers was a nightmare. I won't go into the blow-by-blow, but it involved having to change my flight because the movers didn't show up on the day I had contracted for, didn't show up the next day but kept me waiting because they kept saying they'd be there, and then when the did come and packed, the amount they demanded I pay was twice what had been estimated. They also say I have to pay cash or with a postal money order when they deliver it. I guess a visit to the post office is in order. So this is one of the unreasonable fears that actually came true. I feel as if I was scammed but I had no choice but to go through with the move because the alternative was to have them unload the truck. Ugh.


No comments: