I finally got through to the dispatcher for the moving service and she said my stuff is leaving today and it should take 5-7 days to arrive. The driver will call me 24-48 hours ahead. I will need to have $500 in cash as well as the postal orders for $1500 I already got. I'll need to hit up the ATMs. What a relief! I was beginning to feel a little desperate at how hard it has been to communicate with them.
So between now and then I will do some cultural excursions. I'll have to look at my reciprocity list!
The Guggenheim has a big show on Kandinsky, as well as a show by Cecilia Vicuña. I see that there is a discount for membership for 65+. If I wait until my birthday to join I get the discount, but I'll have to pay full price for entry until then, and I'm sure to go at least twice.
Also on Museum Mile is El Museo del Barrio at 5th Ave and 104th Street. They're closed M-W and open 11-5 the rest of the week.
The American Folk Art Museum is free! It's by Lincoln Center and is having two exhibitions that put the museum in the context of folk art in general and its past exhibitions in particular.
The Poster House has two shows I want to see. They are also closed MTW and open 10-6 the rest of the week. They are in one of my reciprocity networks. There is a Japanese restaurant called No No No about 15 minutes walk from there
Added to the list: The Museum of the City of New York and the Jewish Museum.
I want to return to the Noguchi Museum although all their Akari lamps are sold out.
This is just a first pass at the potential cultural excursions!
No comments:
Post a Comment