Like an ant carrying grains of rice, I've been making small trips to and from the house goods store to get stuff for my new apartment. Today's purchases were a small trash can for the bathroom, a dish drainer, and a pair of kitchen shears. And this morning I finally got confirmation from the driver that my stuff will be delivered tomorrow afternoon! YAY! This whole process has been tedious and nerve-wracking, but the end is in sight! Next comes the unpacking, breaking down boxes, collecting all the wrapping paper. I just hope everything is there and that it is all intact. I'm so good at rolling on to the next reason to be stressed instead of enjoying the small victory.
Today I got the vintage furniture place to deliver a black wire shelving unit for the kitchen. They were supposed to deliver a bed headboard and footboard that were part of the set of furniture I bought last week, but apparently it was left on the street to be picked up and somebody took it before they got it. So I suggested that we apply the $50 I had already paid to the purchase of these shelves I had spotted a few days ago. They were agreeable, so I was there during the afternoon to take delivery. It fits perfectly in the space by the entryway door. I will be able to use it to store the crock pot and other small kitchen appliances, my cookbooks, maybe a plant. This photo has shadows that make it hard to see what the actual shelves are like, but this gives the idea.
Next on the wish list for furniture will be a coffee table and eventually a sofa or sofabed.

No comments:
Post a Comment