Saturday, June 25, 2022

swimming in junk

Unpacking update. Found: some of the sweaters, the pajamas, the mattress cover, some more cushions, the printer, multiple boxes of flotsam and jetsam. Still looking for:  the took kit. I'm sure it's at the bottom of one of the five boxes of junk that I have stalled over unpacking. Pretty sure  my yoga mat is gone forever riding around in the truck. It's going to take some time before I can stow all this stuff away, and some of it may end up in the trash. I put garbage and recycling out for pick up today but it's still out there. I hope, I hope, I hope it gets picked up! I want the system to work.

I slept well in spite of light from the street through my no-curtains windows. The TaskRabbit will come by at 2;30 today and I hope, I hope, I hope he will live up to his advertising and be able to install the curtain rods. My little step-stool is tall enough for me to reach the casement so I'm assuming he'll be taller than me and able to reach it as well. I'm dealing with a severe lack of trust in the universe this morning. The experience with the movers really set me back. I just need to take it one object at a time. I'm at the stage now where I'm not emptying a whole box in one go; I have to take each object out and figure out where it should live. I still have a few drawers left but I'm running into the issue of a lot of small objects that have to go into one deep drawer---it just becomes a junk drawer with a jumble. I have a whole big drawer filled with small notebooks that I have accumulated over the years. I can use them for my morning pages and then toss them out as I go. Goal for today: curtain installation, vanity mirror mounted on dresser, remake the bed with the mattress cover. Anything else will be gravy. One day at a time. Serenity prayer! Higher power, where art thou?

This is a good opportunity for me to work my Alanon program. Maybe I can look for a meeting to go to. I find the NYC page with the listings to be overwhelming. It's well organized but I don't know how to join a zoom meeting by a phone number. I tried reading the instructions I found online and it makes no sense to me. Do I call and then give a password? I looked at it again and just felt so discouraged.  I can still attend Bay Area meetings if I can find one at a time that works. This afternoon I will go to the Dyke March and see if I can meet up with Rosemary at Bryant  Park. Ha! how to find her in thousands of people. 

No comments: