Today I went over to Rosemary's for brunch. It's an easy trip. We had quiche at La Cantine,
her corner shop, and then I went to Hana, the natural food store that
is expensive but has the kind of salsa and crackers I want, as well as
sushi and decent meat and chicken. And they are apparently open 24
hours! I just got a few things that I could carry in a bag on the subway
without being too weighed down. I will probably end up shopping there
when my local markets are too depressing. I need to consider carrying my
larger, blue purse again so I can tote around a spare reusable bag. I have a dozen bags and totes that keep piling up.
Tomorrow: I think I'll make the trip on the L to h mart to see if I can buy a rice cooker. I think I want the smallest Cuckoo, although the fancier models have their temptations. I'll bring some tote bags!
Wednesday, I will go to Maria's and help her load her car with the stuff she is going to give me: a coffee grinder, an espresso pot, a casserole dish, a food mill and a mini-food processor. Also a rug that belonged to her mother, that I hope will fit in my living room. If not, I'll put it in the bedroom. I'm taking a chance that it will not be too big. I should bring some of my dozens of bags to pack the stuff out in.
Later this week I will try to see a movie at the Metrograph. Maybe The Age of Innocence on Friday at 12:30, a good matinee!
Currently watching a kdrama that promises to end tragically. I have one more episode to go, and I can't figure out who is going to die. Probably her, not him.
I moved around a few boxes, unpacked a little bit more. I have to adjust my expectations and do things poco a poco, one object at a time. I put some boxes of shoes under my bed. A later project will be to figure out where I can donate stuff, like a good will or salvation army.
No comments:
Post a Comment