Sunday, June 12, 2022

Furniture delivery

Today I got the delivery of the second set of furniture I got last Wednesday: a bedroom set by Vaughan Bassett. I looked at some prices on their bedroom sets and they run in the thousands of dollars. I got the whole set for $750: a 5-drawer highboy dresser, two nightstands with two deep drawers each, a low bureau with a huge mirror, and a headboard/footboard bed. The bed wasn't available for delivery today, so the guy said he'd get back to me. I wish I knew what kind of wood it's made out of. The hardware and shape of the mirror are not showing up on their website as something you can buy now, so I'm assuming it's a discontinued line, but I haven't found it on eBay. The closest color is called Amish Cherry. Things I like about the company: their furniture is made in Virginia; they contribute to reforestation; not made or shipped from overseas reduces the carbon footprint. I lucked out because what I was looking at from furniture sites online was all stuff I'd have to put together myself. These pieces are solid and the condition is excellent: no scratches or dings. 





Dinner tonight was tacos de bistec from Los Hermanos just around the corner from Rosemary's place. Three filling tacos (really six because each one comes with two tortillas0 and a lovely tomatillo salsa for $10 (cash only). Once I am in my apartment with my kitchen gear, I will buy their tortillas as well.

No comments: