It's very hot today. Luckily my place has not heated up too much and the new fan I have is quiet and effective. I walked a few blocks to check out a cafe that I had hopes for as a meal place, but while they serve good coffee and have good music and beer, the only food they had was a stale chocolatine; they were out of bagels. So not the meal fallback I had hoped for. The little place across the street, Beets Cafe, turned out to be a juice bar, not a restaurant, and while the juice I got is full of vitamins (I'll have it for dinner tonight), the only other food was what looked like empanadas, and I'd rather get mine at Nelly's. Oh, well. Excursions are for information, and I'm learning that my neighborhood does not have good restaurants with the exception of Salud Bar and Grill, at least so far. The Pita Point place never looks open and I'm not wild about Middle Eastern pita sandwiches in general. I should go back to Little Skips East and try their sandwiches. They are only open until 3, though.
I went back to the closer supermarket and got a few things, but it's really a wasteland. No good crackers. No good bread. Really sorry looking meat and poultry, almost no fish to speak of and nothing I would actually buy. I did get an onion, a few potatoes, some cherry tomatoes, garlic, green onions, mango slices, swiss cheese and tortillas for quesadillas (but i forgot to look for salsa), a red bell pepper, some baby carrots for the hummus.
I will go to h mart in Manhattan tomorrow or Tuesday. I will get some gai lan and banchan. I also need good rice and a rice cooker.
Still surrounded by open boxes and the task of stowing away all my junk. But the garbage people took my garbage, and at least some of my recycling, and someone snagged the hangers. Inexplicably, the bagged packing paper was left behind. I may need to just put it in a bag for the garbage pickup.
No comments:
Post a Comment